Friday, September 2, 2011

the perfect post work out meal


This crappy picture was brought to you by a 1.8mp camera phone.

Pregnancy changed a lot about me. Mainly in the food department. The thought of an egg during my pregnancy (back in 2008) was unbearable. Even before I got pregnant, an egg that was not scrambled and cooked thoroughly was not making it's way into my mouth unless it was through baked goods.

But now I find poached eggs to be a gift from the Chicken Gods. I've tried several different ways to cook them perfectly and I like the plastic bag in boiling water method but it really only works If I have some time to cook at a leisurely pace. So a few days ago I picked up a microwave poacher that would allow me to cook poached eggs when in a hurry. Initially, the sounds of a microwave poached egg sounded kind of repulsive but I thought I would give it a try. It actually worked out great! I made two perfectly poached eggs in under 2 minutes which I ate with 5 other things that I would have never eaten before getting pregnant.

1. Sun dried tomatoes.
2. Feta Cheese
3. Multi-grain bread.
4. ground pepper
5. basil

I know, number 4 and 5 are kind of weird but I'm really sensitive to ground pepper. If a lot of it is cooked on high heat my throat gets sore and itchy and I cough. Same goes for Cayenne pepper and as far as basil goes, I just never really cooked with herbs and spices.

Anyway, this meal, in my opinion, is about as satisfying as a meal can get. I recently saw a little sign on Pintrest that said 50% of your workout is wasted if you don't eat within 30 minutes of finishing. I have no idea if this is factual at all but I like the idea so I'm going to just go with it because I'm always ravenous after I work out.

Pregnancy has opened a culinary door which has allowed me to enjoy some of the most beautiful and delicious foods but it also closed the door on most pastas which is a bummer for my husband. He loves it.

Tonight I'm going to give him a little of what he likes (pasta wise) with this recipe. I anticipate that it will be a hit!


http://www.insockmonkeyslippers.com/spinach-lemon-spaghetti-frittata-w-feta

scratch that! I'm making this tonight!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

No comments:

Post a Comment