Sunday, October 9, 2011

practice run

My sister and I decided to wear Day of the Dead makeup for Halloween this year so I did some practice runs tonight. I used cheapo Halloween makeup from Walmart but now that I know the makeup is simple to do I'm going to get some good makeup to use on Halloween night. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going for half or full face makeup, white base or my natural skin color, and the colors and the patterns are not concrete either. It's a lot of fun to practice and try new patterns though. The makeup sticks from walmart are dull and while I look the thicker petals I prefer the thinner lines on the mouth and teeth that a good pencil with a fine tip would make. Also with a finer pencil I will be able to add more details around other areas of the face. We decided that we would like to use false eyelashes and along with the flowers we are wearing small lace veils. We are also going to experiment with using a doily as a stencil on the forehead piece and see how that comes out. Lastly, jewels to accent the top of the forehead at the ends of the web, at the chin and maybe a few around the eyes. We have some old Mexican Wedding dresses that we are going to alter and we are thinking some cowboy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment