Monday, October 31, 2011

The last day in October

Today is the last day of October and it's been a whirl wind of a month. To me, this month has always gone by at a snails pace but this time it's like life was in fast forward motion. My sister, who never sits down, was always suggesting things to do and we had a lot of exciting firsts happen!



Millie lost her first tooth! And then her second a few days later.


Granddad built a fire and cooked smores for the kids!


We went to the Kid's Museum on Bainbridge Island
 


We baked goodies!


The cousins came to visit!

Henry used the potty for the first time!!!


Henry used water colors for the first time.


Henry completed NASA training. THAT was a big day.

We took the kids to a corn maze/pumpkin patch.


Granddad spent .50 on a whoopee cushion that the kids thought was priceless.


We went to Raab park and enjoyed the good weather and pretty leaves.


We took the kids to see Puss and Boots and it's the first time Henry sat through an entire movie.


Finally, we went trick or treating with our cousins, Millie, Chase and Taylor.
Not pictured is Henry's first time swimming which he ended up really enjoying and a "hike" through the new-ish Fish Park here in Poulsbo. It was a busy month but a good month and I'm sure November will be no different. While there are some days that I just want to sit and do nothing, I really do feel thankful for a family who keeps me on my feet to help me keep from thinking about how sad I am without Andrew here. We are into week seven of this separation and he has 7 more weeks of training that will hopefully fly by just as fast. I am just thankful that he will be finished with training in time to spend Christmas with us. 





2 comments: