Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the simple things that keep me busy

I came across this daily page plan on Pintrest last week. The credit goes to Dani, at Lifes A Journal, who put it together and was nice enough to share it with everyone.



My favorite things about this sheet are the Hydrate and Don't Forget sections. I never drink enough water. My body is lucky if it gets 20 ounces a day, but seeing those little cups makes me want to chug, chug, chug so that I can check them off. Writing down everything that needs to be done as well as goals that I'd like to accomplish for the day has helped me stay busy. I can usually get 2/3 of everything on my to do list done within the day. As for the exercise section..... well it's coming along.

My friend Margaret and my sister-in-law, Lizzie both mention the Pintrest site to me but I didn't think much of it since I was on Stumbleupon, but last week I opened up Pintrest and I've been obsessed ever since. Being on the site is really motivating. There is very little negativity around and when their is, it's usually expressed with humor which I'm a fan of. I've tried 2 recipes I found on pintrest and 2 different house hold tips suggesting how to keep your grocery bags organized and easily accessible for re-using.



I didn't realize it was so easy to fold grocery sacks until I tried and the suggestion for an old baby wipes container to dispense them was perfect. This has made my life a teeny tiny bit easier so I appreciate it, even if it is something small.

This morning I used a great french toast recipe I found on Pintrest and was also happy with it. I guess technically I didn't use the recipe since it was in French but I went with the idea. I simply coated the toast in coconut after dipping it in the egg and the results were a wonderful mix of flavor and texture!

I'm a happier person at the end of the day after I've accomplished a list of things and tried new things, whether they are small things or big projects. Being a stay at home mom is wonderful but there are times where I miss the structure of working in an office and receiving a pay check. Improving my home and continuing to educated myself daily helps me to miss that less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment